Family Life, Other Stuff

Doggy hair cut, dog grooming in Muscat

March 11, 2013
Being the owner of a long haired German Shepherd you just have to accept the fact that your house is going to be over run with dog hair. It’s a complete nuisance and often I have to think twice about wearing black but there is not much I can do about it, it’s just one of those things.

My dog, Penny, has been here in Oman for 7 months now and although she has adapted well to the heat that was just the winter months. The current temperature is around 30 degrees C and the humidity is climbing so after running in the heat she is knackered. The summer time is just around the corner and I am dreading the heat.

After my own several DIY attempts at cutting the dogs mane of crazy thick hair I just left her looking like she had some mange disease so her Daddy took pity on her and booked her in for a proper hair cut.

This was her before….

Then 2 hours and 20 minutes later this is what she looked like:

There is no denying that she looks better and this will be much more comfortable for her. We went to the Al Rhymi centre in Qurum as we like the guys who work there, they genuinely like dogs which can be a rare thing here in Oman. I even caught the guy giving her a kiss on the nose to calm her down, sweet.

Altogether it cost 28 rials/ £44.80 which is quite reasonable for shaving, cutting, washing, blow drying, nail clipping and ear cleaning.

I must add that unlike some other place in the city, my dog was not sedated. These guys knew how to handle a big dog, they were patient and thorough. The nail clippers even came out of a steriliser, you can’t guarantee that everywhere else.

• Reply torontodoggroomer March 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Grooming your dog is an important part of keeping him healthy. Brushing your dog regularly stimulates his skin and improves circulation. It makes his coat looks better. And it improves the bond between you and your dog. In order to groom your dog there area few essential grooming tools that all owners need.

Dog Groomer Toronto

• Reply The Duncan Adventures March 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Hello,
    thank you for your comment. Yes my dog is already brushed every 2 days with a shedding brush to get rid of the bulk but sometimes that just isn’t enough. I have done this since she was 7 weeks old so she is now very tolerant of the time it takes to groom.
    Many thanks,
    Heather

• Reply Michael Johhnsen August 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Most dogs dislike even having their paws handled and know how much it hurts when nails are cut too short. Dog owners like me are often uncomfortable with the process for fear of hurting my dogs. Dogs will develop an aversion to nail trimming once they experience pain from it.

Dog Training Los Angeles

• Reply Amanda Bergl September 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Hi can you give me the number as I am new and I don’t seem to be having a lot of luck with the directory inquires
    Thanks Amanda

• Reply Kiran June 12, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Hi, I was just wondering, do you still vouch for the dog grooming at Animal World? Cause this post is last year’s. We have a Shih Tzu we would like to groom and are trying to figure out the best place in Muscat to do that. Of course, without sedation. Any leads on that would be appreciated 🙂

• Reply The Duncan Adventures June 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Hi Kiran
      I used them a couple of times now and it’s not quite as good as that first time.

I did however have a lady come to my house that is a trained dog groomer called Varsha, she was REALLY great. Have you heard of her?

• Reply Nancy February 18, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Hi Heather,

I just moved here from the states and now looking for a groomer for my Shih Tzu. Do you still have Varsha coming in to groom your dog? If so, would it possible for me to have her contact information?

thanks!

Nancy

• Reply Heather March 1, 2016 at 2:32 PM

Hey Nancy,

Welcome to Oman! I believe that Varsha does still do dog grooming. I don’t want to give out her phone number on the internet so you are best to contact her through Muscat Vets on Facebook.

Many thanks 🙂

• Reply Anonymous September 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Very rapidly this web page will be famous amid all blogging users, due to it’s good posts

Also visit myy site :: minomonsters cheats youtube ()