Adventure Time, Expat Life, Family Life

Jet Ski rental in Muscat

April 13, 2013

When my brother claimed that he had never been on a jet skii we were surprised, what 21 year old lad who holidays in Ibiza and Magaluf hasn’t been on a jet ski?

So being the good eggs that we are, Colin & Myself took him for his first try on a jet skii. Cue the good sibling points for us 🙂

Graham and Colin ready to get their jet skiis going.

You can see the Crowne Plaza hotel in the background.

Gram delighted with his day out 🙂

Where? – On the beach of the Corniche (Lovers Road) outside the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Across the road from Japengo restaurant there is a large sail on the beach for shade, look for that and you should hopefully see the place you need to be.

When? – It seems in the cooler winter months that you can rent jet skiis on both weekend days but now that we are heading into the hot summer months I’m told that they will only be available for rent on the second day of the weekend (it will be Saturdays from 1st May 2013). I have seen them open from business from 10am right through until dark but this can be variable.

How much? – The cost on this day was 15 rials per jet skii for half an hour. That is long enough!

I get many emails from people arriving in Muscat asking what activities there are to do in Muscat and do I ever get bored. There are so many indoor and outdoor activities here, just get out and have a look and you will soon find them. And no, I don’t get bored here. How on earth could I?!

• Reply Muscatee April 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I’ve never been on a jetsky either can wait to get there and try!

• Reply Omani Princess (not Omani...yet) April 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Some of the nicest (and most terrifying memories) in my life were spent on jet-skiing in Abu Dhabi.

Ooooh I didn’t know crowne plaza had rentals. That is nicer than heading all the way out to Shangrila.

• Reply The Duncan Adventures April 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Yeah they are so fast. I drive like an old lady on a jet skii 😛

They aren’t actually rented from the Crowne Plaza, it is an independent rental place who just pitch up a spot on the Corniche. Right across the road from Japengo? I mentioned the Crowne Plaza because it is on that bit of public beach where you can see the hotel from the road.

I hope that makes sense 🙂

• Reply Naveed June 8, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Hi,

I am very much interested in jet ski, please let me know their contact info like email or phone number for bookings.

Thanks

• Reply Heather June 8, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Hi Naveed,

Sorry I don’t know their contact details. Try asking on the Facebook group “Muscat where can I find” someone on there will know. Thanks.

• Reply Al-Nimer Tourism September 18, 2016 at 7:59 PM

hi you can visit us https://www.facebook.com/alnimer.tourism/

or call us 0096899550535